Roof & Rack is a proud member of the United States Green Building Council. We work consciously to improve our products’ environmental friendliness and quality, in order to make it easier for many of our clients to receive the LEED credit points necessary for certification.
Nearly all of our structural and sub-structural steel is recycled, while up to 60% of our metal wall and roof panels are comprised from recycled material.
A number of our metal wall and roof panels are available as ENERGY STAR compliant (approved colors)
We work hand in hand with members of the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC)
Our metal structures require lower amounts of maintenance
Green-conscious Metal Roofing can save significantly on energy costs in those regions of which this is a considerable factor
Why seek out LEED certification?
LEED certification provides independent, third-party verification that a building project meets the highest green building and performance measures. All certified projects receive a LEED plaque, which is the nationally recognized symbol demonstrating that a building is environmentally responsible, profitable and a healthy place to live and work.
There are both environmental and financial benefits to earning LEED certification.
• Lower operating costs and increased asset value.
• Reduce waste sent to landfills.
• Conserve energy and water.
• Healthier and safer for occupants.
• Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
• Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances and other incentives in hundreds of cities.
• Demonstrate an owner’s commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility.